Do you miss the thrill of queuing up to watch a film? The Japan Foundation in Manila continues its tradition of bringing Japanese films, this time through to Vimeo allowing you to enjoy watching from any digital device.
Just like the physical film screenings, Japan Film Week observes a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis, subject to LIMITED SLOT availability. After registering for a FREE Vimeo account, viewers may access the films on the start date and time of the screening then using the provided FREE access code. Just follow these instructions:
1. SIGN UP for a FREE account at https://vimeo.com/
2. GO to this URL: https://bit.ly/Japan_Film_Week
3. CLICK TITLE of your choice (*the film’s TITLE TEXT should turn BLUE)
4. A new window will open, with more information about the film
5. Click “Rent”, then “Apply promo code”, and type JapanFilmWeek
6. Click “Apply”, then “Continue”, then “Watch Now”
Film line-up can only be accessed from the Philippines. Screenings are subject to change without prior notice. For updates, visit the event page: https://bit.ly/JapanFilmWeek_July22-26 or visit the Japan Foundation, Manila’s website: https://jfmo.org.ph/events-and-courses/japan-film-week/
Japan Film Week will run from 22 July – 26 July.
All films except From All Corners and Hana’s Miso Soup are available for limited screenings only, from 9AM of date of release until the film has reached the maximum number of viewings or until July 27 (12AM), whichever comes first.