Sony Music Philippines, in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures and Ayala Malls, pay tribute to the songs from the biopic with performances from the country’s top OPM acts
ELVIS is out now on Philippine cinemas this week
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack of Baz Luhrmann’s 2022 film, ELVIS is set to arrive on all digital music platforms this June 24, 2022 (Friday) via RCA Records/Sony Music.
Aside from the classic Presley cuts originally recorded by the rock superstar, the compilation will also feature previously released tracks by Doja Cat, Eminem, and Måneskin, as well as reimagined versions by Tame Impala, Jazmine Sullivan, Swae Lee & Diplo, Kacey Musgraves, and more.
Austin Butler, the American actor who plays the titular role, contributes four tracks in the soundtrack, including “Trouble,” a remake of Presley’s bluesy 1958 smash.
Other prominent songs highlighted in the OST include Måneskin’s version of Elvis Presley’s “If I Can Dream,” Eminem and CeeLo Green’s collaborative track “The King and I,” Swae Lee and Diplo’s recently dropped tune “Tupelo Shuffle,” and Doja Cat’s Billboard Hot 100 hit “Vegas,” whose extravagant and colorful visuals earned widespread acclaim from critics and fans.
ELVIS is an epic, big-screen spectacle from visionary filmmaker Baz Luhrmann that explores the life and music of Elvis Presley (Austin Butler) through the prism of his complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager, Colonel Tom Parker (Tom Hanks).
The soundtrack features Elvis’s extraordinary body of work spanning the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s, while also celebrating his diverse musical influences and enduring impact on popular artists today.
Complete track list:
- Suspicious Minds (Vocal Intro) – Elvis Presley
- Also Sprach Zarathustra/American Trilogy – Elvis Presley
- Vegas – Doja Cat
- The King and I – Eminem & CeeLo Green
- Tupelo Shuffle – Swae Lee & Diplo
- I Got A Feelin’ In My Body – Elvis Presley and Stuart Price
- Craw-Fever – Elvis Presley
- Don’t Fly Away (PNAU Remix) – Elvis Presley & PNAU
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Kacey Musgraves
- Product of the Ghetto – Nardo Wick
- If I Can Dream – Måneskin
- Cotton Candy Land – Stevie Nicks & Chris Isaak
- Baby, Let’s Play House – Austin Butler
- I’m Coming Home (Film Mix) – Elvis Presley
- Hound Dog – Shonka Dukureh
- Tutti Frutti – Les Greene
- Strange Things Are Happening Every Day – Yola
- Hound Dog – Austin Butler
- Let It All Hang Out – Denzel Curry
- Trouble – Austin Butler
- I Got A Feelin’ In My Body – Lenesha Randolph
- Edge of Reality (Tame Impala Remix) – Elvis Presley & Tame Impala
- Summer Kisses/In My Body – Elvis Presley
- ’68 Comeback Special (Medley) – Elvis Presley
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child – Jazmine Sullivan
- If I Can Dream – Elvis Presley
- Any Day Now – Elvis Presley
- Power of My Love – Elvis Presley & Jack White
- Vegas Rehearsal/That’s All Right – Austin Butler & Elvis Presley
- Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley
- Polk Salad Annie (Film Mix) – Elvis Presley
- Burning Love (Film Mix) – Elvis Presley
- It’s Only Love – Elvis Presley
- Suspicious Minds – Paravi
- In the Ghetto (World Turns Remix) – Elvis Presley & Nardo Wick
- Unchained Melody – Elvis Presley
The ELVIS biopic recently opened in Philippine cinemas last June 22, 2022.
To promote Baz Luhrmann’s “ELVIS” movie and the “ELVIS (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)” to the Filipino audience, Sony Music Philippines, in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures and Ayala Malls, will be holding a mall show at the Activity Center of Ayala Malls Fairview Terraces on June 26 (Sunday). Dubbed ELVIS: Celebrating His Life Through Music and More, the music event will feature songs from the movie itself, as well as performances from some of the country’s top music acts: EJ De Perio, Jarlo Base, Mars Mango, and Nobody’s Home.
Text by Nyou PH. Images courtesy of Sony Music Philippines.